Academic Library Association of Ohio, 37th Annual Conference (2011)
Constant Change, Constant Opportunity
Toledo, Ohio @ Hilton Toledo
Pre-Conference — November 3rd, 2011
The Academic Library Association of Ohio is excited to offer a pre-conference this year, with a lineup that promises to be professionally valuable and engaging. The pre-conference kicks off with an opening keynote delivered by Lauren Pressley http://laurenpressley.com/library entitled, “Change and Opportunities for Today’s Academic Libraries.” Ms. Pressley is an Instructional Design Librarian at Wake Forest University, and is the author of So You Want to Be a Librarian and Wikis for Libraries.
Additionally, the pre-conference agenda includes a panel discussion on ACRL’s The Value of Academic Libraries: A Comprehensive Research Review and Report http://www.acrl.ala.org/value/ with a panel of the following Ohio academic library leaders:
- John Burke, Director, Gardner-Harvey Library, Miami University Middletown (panel moderator)
- Sara Bushong, Dean of Libraries, Bowling Green State University (panelist)
- Susan Scott, Director of the Library, Ohio State University – Newark Campus (panelist)
- Kathleen Webb, Dean of University Libraries, University of Dayton (panelist)
- Al Zavar, Director, West Campus Library, Cuyahoga Community College (panelist)
Also included in the pre-conference — lunch and time for networking with colleagues. Register today!
Registration link: http://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/conf2011/preconf.html
For questions regarding registration contact:
Wright State University