We have an amazing conference planned featuring ACRL’s Value of Academic Libraries report. Are you thinking about registering, but need a rationale to justify attending? Here’s more reasons to attend ALAO 2012:
- KEYNOTE BY LISA HINCHLIFFE, current Co-Chair of ACRL’s Value of Academic Libraries Committee. Hinchliffe will address the multitude of challenges academic librarians face in responding to user needs as well as economic, technological, and accountability demands, and focus in on the dual imperatives of providing value to our users and then documenting that value which can serve as touchstones to understand and serve our institutions.
- PANEL OF UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATORS who will offer insights on the greatest challenges and threats to academic libraries and suggest how they think libraries can make the biggest impact.
- CONCURRENT sessions! LIGHTNING sessions! ROUND TABLE discussions! POSTERS! VENDORS!
- RESEARCHER REVOLT preconference featuring a keynote by Kevin Smith, Scholarly Communications Officer at Duke University Libraries, and a panel of faculty from a variety of disciplines and schools who will discuss their experiences with open access.
- PARTICPATORY LIBRARIANSHIP preconference features 2011 Library Journal Mover and Shaker, Buffy Hamilton. Author of “The Unquiet Librarian,” blog, Hamilton will lead small groups in interactive conversations about maximizing and communicating value by framing our services and programming through a lens of participatory librarianship.
- THURSDAY NIGHT (10/25/12) RECEPTION at the Roberts Centre featuring savory canapes, succulent fresh fruit kabobs, tasty snacks, tantalizingly scrumptious desserts and a full cash bar. Be there from 7 pm to 9 pm to share in the fun!
- NETWORKING! ALAO 2012 offers oodles of opportunities to catch up with old friends and make connections with new ones!
For the logistically inclined…
- Directions To The Roberts Centre are available on their site at: http://www.robertscentre.com/index.asp
- Check Our Conference Site for more details: http://alaoweb.org/conferences/conf2012
- Registration closes on October 15. Registration questions may be directed to Sheryl Gannon at (419)-429-8642 or email@example.com
- To Register For The Conference and/or a preconference, select:
Researcher Revolt Preconference: http://alaoweb.org/events?eventId=536226
Participatory Librarianship Preconference: http://alaoweb.org/events?eventId=536222
Register now to join in the national conversation on having an impact and communicating our story!