May 6, 2013
ALAO Election Results
Vice President/President Elect – Eboni Johnson, Oberlin College
Treasurer – Don Appleby, University of Akron
Public Relations/Outreach Coordinator – Alisa Mizikar, Wittenberg University
Board Members at Large –
Jeff Franks, University of Akron
Julia Gustafson, College of Wooster
Suzanne Smailes, Wittenberg University
Thanks to all those who volunteered for service, and congratulations to all who were elected.
May 1, 2013
ALAO 39th Annual Conference
October 25, 2013
Kent State University at Stark
North Canton, Ohio
Proposals are now being accepted for the ALAO Annual Conference. The deadline for proposals is June 7, 2013. Proposals should be submitted online via: http://osu.campusguides.com/sessions
The ALAO Conference Planning Committee invites you to submit proposals for presentations for the 2013 Annual Conference. Applicants are encouraged to develop creative proposals that show thoughtful exploration of this year’s conference theme: “The Changing Faces of Academic Libraries: Transforming, Reorganizing, Re-imagining.” You are encouraged to share your experiences, solutions, expertise, and innovative practices with colleagues from all types of academic libraries.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Collaboration – departments, community, groups
- Collections – print vs. electronic
- Outside the box – new initiatives
- Services – areas of student experience
- Library spaces – physical and virtual, active learning
- Staffing – new roles, new positions, new responsibilities
- Budget (electronic vs. print)
- Collections – maintenance
Re-imagining Library instruction:
- first year, second year groups, international, special groups (veterans), online
- Library reference – online, in person, new methods, assessment, tools used
- Library services
- Budget – expertise needed?, IT
- Collections – digital initiatives, data
- Library as information portal
You are welcome to submit multiple proposals, however, please know that no more than 2 will be included in the final program.
- All proposals will be blind-reviewed for content, relevance to the conference theme, and overall appeal. A concise, clearly written description and abstract will help the reviewers evaluate your offering more clearly.
- Exclude the name of your institution, department and any personal names in the abstract to expedite the blind review process. You do not need to exclude this information in the brief description.
- You will be contacted regarding your AV/technology requirements when your proposal is accepted.
- All presenters will be responsible for their own registration and travel costs.
- Please print a copy of the completed form for your records before submitting.
- You will receive an email confirmation upon submission. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact: Diane Schrecker, Ashland University Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentations may take the form of contributed papers, demonstrations, workshops, research, or panel discussions.